[c-nsp] ASR 1002 FIB/TCAM with full IPv4/v6 tables

judy teng juxiangt at yahoo.com
Thu May 9 16:54:49 EDT 2013

Are they dedicated RR?

-Judy

________________________________
 From: "Dikkema, Michael (Business Technology)" <MDikkema at postmedia.com>
To: "cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net" <cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2013 8:44 AM
Subject: [c-nsp] ASR 1002 FIB/TCAM with full IPv4/v6 tables

We're running a pair of ASR 1002 routers with full v4/v6 routes from 3 providers. I believe that there's a 512k FIB limit on the IPv4 routes, and 128k on IPv6. I'm wondering when we should start getting very concerned about pruning off v4 /24 routes.

Should I assume that because you can take only 1/4 of the IPv6 routes on this platform that they use 4 times the TCAM resources? Are there show commands to view FIB usage on this platform?

Aside from buying new routers or dropping some routes, are there other ways to manage this problem?

Thanks.