[c-nsp] ASR 1002 FIB/TCAM with full IPv4/v6 tables

Antonio Soares amsoares at netcabo.pt
Fri May 10 05:53:04 EDT 2013

This was discussed here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2133112

Regards,

Antonio Soares, CCIE #18473 (R&S/SP)
amsoares at netcabo.pt
http://www.ccie18473.net

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp [mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of
Dikkema, Michael (Business Technology)
Sent: quinta-feira, 9 de Maio de 2013 16:45
To: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: [c-nsp] ASR 1002 FIB/TCAM with full IPv4/v6 tables

We're running a pair of ASR 1002 routers with full v4/v6 routes from 3
providers. I believe that there's a 512k FIB limit on the IPv4 routes, and
128k on IPv6. I'm wondering when we should start getting very concerned
about pruning off v4 /24 routes.

Should I assume that because you can take only 1/4 of the IPv6 routes on
this platform that they use 4 times the TCAM resources? Are there show
commands to view FIB usage on this platform?

Aside from buying new routers or dropping some routes, are there other ways
to manage this problem?

Thanks.