[c-nsp] Difference between 4.3.0 and 4.3.1 version in ASR9K

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue May 21 17:12:25 EDT 2013

On May 21, 2013, at 8:34 AM, "Praveen Sharma (psharma)" <psharma at cisco.com> wrote:

> Thanks Fredrick for pointing the doc reference.
>
> Hi Xu
> Both releases are quite stable, i.e 430 and 431 CCO releases on ASR9K. Which release customer is currently running in production. You might also want to check on recommended SMU list with 430 CCO release.

I would really stick with 4.3.1 unless you have some very specific reason to utilize the older releases.  It fixes a lot of defects.  We've been waiting 3+ months for some 4.2.3 SMUs at this point to address some issues that are fixed in 4.3.1.  We also have a fair list of defects that aren't fixed in 4.3.1 either, so converging is always a challenge.

If you do MPLS-TE, I would be careful of the problem with RSVP and LSPs over 2^32-1 not establishing (for example). - CSCug76950.

Other bugs, like the "port 5 stats don't work" (CSCud54598) are also fixed in 4.3.1, so you really should be looking at 4.3.1.

	- Jared