[c-nsp] Catalyst 6500: IPv6-enabled SVIs

Vladimir Troitskiy ruthenate at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 05:05:31 EST 2013

> We have pfc3b boxes with loads of IPv6-enabled SVIs and we're only using
16 ingress / 4 egress labels.
> Do you have a different ACL per SVI?

I did some elementary tests with new blank SVI (in 'up/up' state ).
'ipv6 enable' or 'ipv6 address' on the SVI reduces the amount of free
ingress labels in the 'sh tcam counts ipv6' output.

I've reproduced this behavior in VRF and Global table on several boxes with
SXJ and SXJ3.

What could be the reason of such tcam consumption?

--
Regards
vetr

01.11.2013 12:17 ruthenate at gmail.com wrote:

> Thank for your attention!
>
> > What version of code are you running?
> 12.2(33)SXJ3
>
> > I'm not sure this is right. We have pfc3b boxes with loads of
> > IPv6-enabled SVIs and we're only using 16 ingress / 4 egress labels.
> > Do you have a different ACL per SVI? Can you show the config for one of
> > the SVIs?
>
> Here is the template of such SVI:
>
> interface Vlan3400
>  ipv6 address ABCD::1/64
>  ipv6 enable
>  no ipv6 unreachables
>  ipv6 nd managed-config-flag
>  ipv6 nd other-config-flag
>  no ipv6 redirects
>  ipv6 dhcp relay destination ABC0::1
>  ipv6 dhcp relay destination ABC1::1
> end
>
> I've tried to disable all features - switch released TCAM entry only
after 'no ipv6 enable'&'no ipv6 address'. There are no any IPv6 ACLs on
thise SVIs.