[c-nsp] IPv6 filters

Tony Tauber ttauber at 1-4-5.net
Fri Nov 15 07:56:39 EST 2013

Yes, explicitly filtering prefixes outbound if you're an edge site and
inbound if you're a service provider is the right way to do it, whether
it's v4 or v6.
For BGP particularly, IPv6 is really nothing special at all; just mirror
your configurations and policies.

Depending on your OS, you may have to explicitly disable v6 routes being
sent over a v4 session.
That's possible to do but I don't know why one would want to in a truly
dual-stack deployment.
In v6 the only "v4 artifact" will be that the router ID is still a 32-bit
number which is most commonly set to the v4 loopback or some such.

Tony