[c-nsp] sup 720 upgrade

Adam Fitzgerald adam at wiredrevolution.com.au
Mon Nov 18 22:37:42 EST 2013

Hey guys,

I am struggling to understand if I can upgrade the internal bootflash
module on a WS-SUP720-3B, to 512mb (from 64mb).

According to cisco.com it can be upgraded but it also mentions using a
compact flash card, but does not say that this is the only option.  I have
upgraded the internal flash on a sup32 with a sup720 flash module in the
past (can't remember the part number), but my reseller is now telling me
that I must use a CF card for the 720?

Am I right in saying that I can upgrade the SP and RP internal flash
modules or is adding a CF card my only option?

>From this link it shows that the default memory is 64/512, does this mean
that even though the later models come with 512 as standard the earlier
cards cannot be upgraded and must therefore use the CF?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps708/qa_c67_457347.html