[c-nsp] Cisco bug locator?

Pete Lumbis alumbis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 23:21:52 EST 2013

I can't comment on the state of the new bug toolkit (vomit) but to Mikaels
point:

Yes, there are crappy bugs. I see them every day. They are written by
humans with the information available at the time. TAC needs to do a better
job of following up on bugs after they are resolved to ensure the
information in the bug reflects the actual problem and symptom that
customers can see. It's a work in progress and sadly will never be perfect
(since again, it's written by humans). I would say you should ALWAYS open a
TAC case to fix bugs that you worry you are hitting. TAC engineers have the
resources to find further details and update the bug so it's readable (yes,
this is a pain in the ass. why should you have to open a case to translate
a bug to English? Again, bugs written by humans, generally with limited
information at the time of writing). This won't always be an easy process
but it's doable.

Regards,
Pete