[c-nsp] Cisco bug locator?

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Nov 20 00:13:25 EST 2013

On Tue, 19 Nov 2013, Pete Lumbis wrote:

> Yes, there are crappy bugs. I see them every day. They are written by
> humans with the information available at the time. TAC needs to do a better

That is not the problem. If I read a crappy bug description and then
contact someone with access to internal cisco systems, the internal
description is *much* better. The information is there, it's just not
published to customers.

> (since again, it's written by humans). I would say you should ALWAYS open a
> TAC case to fix bugs that you worry you are hitting. TAC engineers have the
> resources to find further details and update the bug so it's readable (yes,
> this is a pain in the ass. why should you have to open a case to translate
> a bug to English? Again, bugs written by humans, generally with limited
> information at the time of writing). This won't always be an easy process
> but it's doable.

5-10 years ago it was possible to do bug scrubs based on information on
CCO. This is no longer possible, now one needs to pay advanced services
for their NOS service to be able to do it, just because the customer
accessable information just isn't complete enough.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se