[c-nsp] QoS for VoIP - clarification needed in non-congested times

false jctx09 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 20 13:08:49 EST 2013

Hello,

I need a little clarification / assistance please. I
have a cable modem connection that is 50mb down and 3mb up. The most I
ever do in the download direction is around 8 to 10 mb. It's the upload
that gets me sometimes when it spikes to around 2.5mbps up. I need to
make sure my voip traffic ALWAYS gets sent on the wire first, regardless if there is congestion or not. Would the policy below work? If not, how should I tweak it.

Thank you,

class-map match-any QOS_REAL-TIME_VOIP
 match access-group name VOIP_Traffic

ip access-list extended VOIP_Traffic