[c-nsp] Third party transceivers that fail only with new, NX-OS 6.2.2a on sup-2E

cnsp at marenda.net cnsp at marenda.net
Wed Nov 20 14:22:31 EST 2013

Things will get worse if they start to solder
crytoprocs with mask-programmed vendor-signed certificates
into the gbic/sfp/.. instead of the serial eeprom.

Also the real-time clock helps to limit the lifetime of
devices to just a little longer than warrenty time.

"show transceiver lifetime remaining"
"show transceiver certificate path"

(for those on h3c-omware: "display transceiver ...")

Just my 0.01 $,

Juergen.