[c-nsp] Data Center Core Switches

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Sat Nov 30 12:08:38 EST 2013

On Nov 30, 2013, at 11:45 PM, madunix at gmail.com wrote:

> The above spec could apply to juniper, cisco, hp, xtreme ...etc, any
> recommendation should I add/adjust to my  TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION

It's hard for strangers who don't know your actual requirements to make recommendations, beyond generalities like good NetFlow support, uRPF, et. al.  Also, there's nothing in your list related specifically to IPv6, required IPv6-IPv4 feature parity, and so forth.

In the general performance range you specify, maybe the Catalyst 6800 would be something to consider?

But you can't develop a network architecture and determine your needs based upon a laundry-list of general specs.  It sounds as if you should consider working with an experienced network architect and/or integrator to help determine your actual requirements, first.

	  Luck is the residue of opportunity and design.

		       -- John Milton