[c-nsp] VPLS between ME3600X and Brocade XMR

Waris Sagheer (waris) waris at cisco.com
Wed Oct 2 12:49:52 EDT 2013

Hi Darren,
Is the issue still pending? let me know if you still need help to resolve it.

Best Regards,

[http://www.cisco.com/web/europe/images/email/signature/horizontal06.jpg]

Waris Sagheer
Technical Marketing Manager
Service Provider Access Group
waris at cisco.com<mailto:waris at cisco.com>
Phone: +1 408 853 6682
Mobile: +1 408 835 1389

CCIE - 19901

<http://www.cisco.com/>

[Think before you print.] Think before you print.

For corporate legal information go to:

From: Darren O'Connor <darrenoc at outlook.com<mailto:darrenoc at outlook.com>>
Date: Monday, August 5, 2013 2:45 AM
To: adam vitkovsky <adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk<mailto:adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk>>, "cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net<mailto:cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net>" <cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net<mailto:cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net>>
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] VPLS between ME3600X and Brocade XMR

Hi all.

I've tried a number of things and the problem still exists.

I've tried moving the L3 config off an SVI directly on the point to point interface:
interface GigabitEthernet0/22
description MPLS INTERFACE
no switchport
mtu 3200
ip address 192.168.31.23 255.255.255.254
ip ospf network point-to-point
ip ospf 1 area 0
mpls traffic-eng tunnels
end

I've tried creating an L3VPN link to the Brocade PE

I've tried enabling LDP over the TE tunnel.

All of the above give me the same error:
ME3600X#sh mpls l2transport vc detail
Local interface: VFI DARREN-TESTING vfi up
  Interworking type is Ethernet
  Destination address: 192.168.224.61, VC ID: 3200, VC status: down
    Last error: MPLS dataplane reported a fault to the nexthop

The LSP itself is up on both sides. The Brocade also assumes that the VPLS to the ME3600X is up:
SSH at par2.lem1#sh<mailto:SSH at par2.lem1#sh> mpls vpls id 3200 | include 192.168.224.1
Peer address: 192.168.224.1, State: Operational, Uptime: 3 min

LSPs from the ME3600X side:

ME3600X#sh mpls traffic-eng tunnels  brief
Signalling Summary:
    LSP Tunnels Process:            running
    Passive LSP Listener:           running
    RSVP Process:                   running
    Forwarding:                     enabled
    Periodic reoptimization:        every 3600 seconds, next in 3436 seconds
    Periodic FRR Promotion:         Not Running
    Periodic auto-bw collection:    every 300 seconds, next in 137 seconds

P2P TUNNELS/LSPs:
TUNNEL NAME                      DESTINATION      UP IF     DOWN IF   STATE/PROT
par2.lem1                        192.168.224.61   -         Gi0/22    up/up
TO-ME3600X                       192.168.224.1    Gi0/22    -         up/up

LSP ping works over both from both sides. I really don't know what I'm missing here