[c-nsp] Meraki...information

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Thu Oct 10 20:31:25 EDT 2013

Blake,
I'm well aware of how switching and buffering works, but I appreciate the derisive suggestion - it was a big help.

However, for clarity: no errors (including input/output drops) on the transport circuit (or the customer's directly-attached circuit).

Let me ask a more pointed question:

Besides simple management, do the Meraki switches perform any other functions "in the cloud", or more specifically, rely on non-local upstream connectivity?

I'm well aware that it makes absolutely zero sense that a change in our transport network would cause a local issue within the customer's network.  However, the customer mentioned that they have had "odd" problems with these Meraki switches before when changes occurred outside our network.  Thus, I felt it necessary to try and ask the list if anyone has ever heard of anything remotely like this before.

-evt