[c-nsp] Sup2T - poor netflow performance

"Rolf Hanßen" nsp at rhanssen.de
Sat Oct 19 12:15:22 EDT 2013

Hello,

> Sampling is the normal mode of flow telemetry generation used by large
> network operators, so it's utility is pretty well-established.

I know, that is why I asked for a known to work config, we use netflow for
the first time, others may have some years of experience and also use it
on a Sup2T.

> Did you
> configure the collection/analysis software so that it knows the sampling
> ratio from this exporter

The software (Andrisoft WANSIGHT / WANGUARD) should be aware of sampling,
at least you define the sampling rate in the collector config.

> & are you sure that the traffic in question was
> traversing the interfaces on which NetFlow is enabled in the appropriate
> direction?

yes, it does. I guess if made some other logical error it would not appaer
in the unsampled config either.

kind regards
Rolf