[c-nsp] 6500 IOS recommendation?

Chris Welti chris.welti at switch.ch
Wed Oct 23 11:42:59 EDT 2013

Hi Ross,

We actively noticed the issue when our connection to the AMS-IX routeservers flapped.
Roughly 65000 prefixes out of which around 3000 were not correctly removed.
No idea if VPNv4 prefixes are also affected, but note that this only happens to withdrawn prefixes under
certain conditions (multiple prefixes in one withdraw message with one of them not being a best route).

Regards,
Chris

>From Cisco Bugsearch:

BGP route does not disappear from the RIB
CSCuh43027
Description
Symptom:
Prefixes withdrawn from BGP are not removed from the RIB, although they are removed from the BGP table.
Conditions:
A withdraw message contains more than one NLRI, one of which is for a route that is not chosen as best. If deterministic med is enabled, then the other NLRI in the withdraw message might not eventually be removed from the RIB.
Workaround:
Forcibly clear the RIB.
Further Problem Description:
This issue may also occur if BGP PIC is enabled and the withdraw message contains a route that is currently serving as a backup path.
Customer Visible

Details
Last Modified:
Oct 21,2013