[c-nsp] ISP / MPLS "POP" design

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 19:54:03 EDT 2013

If I was designing it from scratch there isn't much need for the P routers to speak BGP if there are labeled paths to the remote PEs.   Why are they VPNv4 RRs?  You do not want a full mesh between PEs or what?   How many pops are you talking about?

Another kind of popular thing to do these days is carry the Internet table in a VRF as well.  That way your entire infrastructure is not open to the internet or your customers by default.  If you have good edge infrastructure ACLs it is kind of moot.

Phil