[c-nsp] ISP / MPLS "POP" design

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Wed Oct 30 00:27:37 EDT 2013

i contain my internet uplinks and my customer public subnet interfaces on
customer facing routers all within a vrf.

The router to router connections throughout my network core are all mpls
enabled and are 10.x.x.x addressed...and those all reside in what is known
as the default/global vrf (really no vrf at all, just the core igp table)

So again, all the public ip space and internet uplinks are all contained
within a vrf.

Throughout my network I have all my pe's (customer facing pe's and internet
facing dual pe's) all have 2, yes only 2, bgp neighbor sessions.  One to rr
cluster node 1 and the other to rr cluster node 2.  (those 2 rr cluster
nodes are of course what makes up my single rr cluster).

Aaron