[c-nsp] Bridging over PPP

Mike mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com
Sun Sep 1 13:58:16 EDT 2013

On 09/01/2013 05:55 AM, Ross Halliday wrote:
> Just throwing this out here, but why are you bridging PPPoE customers which supposedly 'terminate' on the 7201? Why not L2TP LAC/LNS? With your 7201 acting as a LAC you can push the tunnels anywhere IP will go. Bridging IMHO is a nasty thing that should only be used where strictly necessary.

The issue is that I would only have a multilink ppp bundle over T1's
connecting the 7201 to the pop where the pppoe customers are. I don't
see how I could connect the pppoe subscribers, with multilink ppp in the
middle, to the 7201 and expect it to work. If you have an idea how this
might fly please let me know. I think gert (thanks) had the right idea
with mpls, likely too much trouble however.

Mike-