[c-nsp] Sup2T / IOS15 licensing questions

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Sep 2 05:13:52 EDT 2013

On 09/01/2013 05:55 PM, "Rolf Hanßen" wrote:
> Hello,
>
> ok, beside the technical stuff: How do you guys "manage" the licenses if
> there is no number/certificate/key ?

We keep a record of all the purchase orders we make, and although it
would take an hour or so of someones time, it would not be overly
difficuly to collate them all and show that we have M sups and N IOS
license purchases and M==N (I know this because I did it, a while ago,
just to check).

If we had >30 of the things, I'd probably keep a separate specifically
collated record of the IOS licenses, to avoid mistakes more than
anything. But we don't have that many, and at this rate probably aren't
going to buy any more.

> Let's say a fired ex-employee tells Cisco you have no license for 5 of
> your ten boxes upgraded last year and they do not ignore him.
> How do you show them you have valid licenses ?

As above.

You obviously have concerns about this, you should speak to your Cisco
account manager; it's possible they have ways to deal with this.