[c-nsp] CoPP and WRR

Antonio Soares amsoares at netcabo.pt
Tue Sep 3 08:10:23 EDT 2013

Hello group,

Due to the implementation of CoPP on a few 6500s, we had to enable QoS. Now
we are suffering of outputs drops on many interfaces, mainly due to fact
that the majority of the traffic is COS=0. Is there a way to disable WRR and
get the previous behavior (no qos) ? I don’t like the idea of managing the
complexity of SRR if we don’t have QoS Policies in place. We have 1p7q8t,
1p2q2t and 1p3q8t type of cards. The only option I see is to put all the
traffic into queue 1 to simulate the default fifo queue, something like this
for the 1p3q8t card (6704-10GE):

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Router(config-if)#do sh run int te2/1

Building configuration...

Current configuration : 190 bytes

!

interface TenGigabitEthernet2/1

no ip address

shutdown

wrr-queue bandwidth percent 100 0 0 0 0 0 0

 wrr-queue queue-limit 100 0 0 0 0 0 0

 wrr-queue cos-map 1 1 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

end

Router(config-if)#

But doing this kind of stuff for hundreds of interfaces doesn’t make too
much sense.

Thanks.

Regards,

Antonio Soares, CCIE #18473 (R&S/SP)