[c-nsp] CoPP and WRR

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Tue Sep 3 08:23:51 EDT 2013

On (2013-09-03 13:10 +0100), Antonio Soares wrote:

> wrr-queue bandwidth percent 100 0 0 0 0 0 0
>  wrr-queue queue-limit 100 0 0 0 0 0 0
>  wrr-queue cos-map 1 1 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
>
> But doing this kind of stuff for hundreds of interfaces doesn’t make too
> much sense.

Alas it is what you must do. The problem is that default QoS isn't this, it
should be. But Cisco tries to be helpful in Catalyst BU and offer some
magic default QoS which I'm certain causes more issues than it solves.

I'd personally take this opportunity to introduce 3 classes, important,
normal and unimportant. But might require more work than you can invest
right now, in which case I believe your solution is good.

--
  ++ytti