[c-nsp] Help with Q-in-Q Tunneling Hardware

Garrett, Jason Jason-Garrett at cdolinc.net
Fri Sep 6 14:11:12 EDT 2013

Yes, we need to terminate the QinQ.

In the example provided below, I'm assuming gi0/0 is the NME-16ES-1G service module, correct? One thing that I haven't fully grasped is how the service module works with the router.  I understand that I have to have an IP Address assigned to gi0/0 of the 3745 in order to connect to the service module and then interface gi1/0/2 of the service module is tied to gi0/0 of the 3745.  Does this mean that the gigabit physical port on the service module is gi1/0/1 of the service module, and if that is true, do the commands above need to be entered on the service module gi1/0/1 port or gi0/0 of the 3745?  Gi0/1 on the 3745 will allow the commands, but gi1/0/1 of the service module will not.

Thanks!
Jason