[c-nsp] IOS XR Null darknet traffic at border without impacting convergence time

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 19:32:37 EDT 2013

If I understand the problem, you can implement selective BGP next hop
filtering. That allows you to use a route policy to determine which next
hops are valid. We use it to ensure that no prefix shorter than a /29 is
used to validate next hops in certain situations.

This is the basic idea:

router bgp <AS>

 address-family ipv4 unicast

  nexthop route-policy NEXT-HOP-TRACKING

 route-policy NEXT-HOP-TRACKING

  if destination in (0.0.0.0/0 ge 29) then

    pass

  endif

end-policy

You can probably tweak that policy to get the desired results.

HTH,

John