[c-nsp] WiSM: base-ap-count licence installation problems

Matti Saarinen mjsaarin at cc.helsinki.fi
Tue Sep 24 01:22:13 EDT 2013

Daniel Husand wrote:

>>> We bought a licence pack allowing 100 additinal APs to join  Now,
>>> the licence refuses to install
>>
>> It turned out to be a wrong type of licence. Finally TAC believed that
>> and issued a new one. The next step is to find out how to avoid this
>> issue when bying the next set of licences.
>>

> Make sure you buy one of the following; LIC-WISM2-100A or
> LIC-WISM2-200A. Notice the A at the end making them adder licenses.

The product code was LIC-WISM2-100A but I found no way to verify that
the actual licence delivered was of the type matching the product code.
Also, I'm not certain whether the adder licence would have installed in
any case. It's still unclear to me what the section "License Addition:
Exclusive" means in the base-ap-count licence.

--
- Matti -