[c-nsp] ISIS Distance question

JC Cockburn ccie15385 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 04:32:26 EDT 2014

Hi All,

I know this may sound like a CCIE Lab question, but its not.

The info I find on interweb is confusing and it seems not to be working.

Maybe someone is willing to spend 10mins to setup quick lab and help me.

So the issue:

I have 3 routers connected in triangle.

A connected to B and C, and B connected to C.

Running ISIS level2 on all three and advertising loopbacks.

A needs to change the AD to 15 for loopback IP advertisements (loopback IPs
for B & C) from router B.

A needs to change the AD to 15 for ONLY loopback C from advertisements from
router C.

Does this make sense

I have tried multiple different configs and I do not get the required
result.

The real life problem is A and B are PE routers and C is the RR. So I do not
have MPLS on the interfaces towards C from A & B. So when the A-B link
fails, it will break the label switched path between them. A and B have CsC
links which should then be preferred..

Please advise.

Thinking if maybe changing IGP to OSPF.

Ciao