[c-nsp] ISIS Distance question

Vitkovský Adam adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Tue Apr 1 05:48:40 EDT 2014

Hi JC,

> The real life problem is A and B are PE routers and C is the RR. So I do not
> have MPLS on the interfaces towards C from A & B. So when the A-B link
> fails, it will break the label switched path between them. A and B have CsC
> links which should then be preferred..

If you are using separate Control-Plane (RRs that are not part of the MPLS/data-plane) you may set the overload bit on your RRs via the "router isis" cmd: "set-overload-bit".
This will assign maximum ISIS metric to all links advertised by the RR -this will assure that RR will never end up on the forwarding path between any two PEs.

adam