[c-nsp] RSPAN 3750X (IP BASE) - Received Only Broadcast/Multicast - No Unicast :(

Manu Chao linux.yahoo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 01:59:20 EDT 2014

sw1:
source VLAN 200 (VoIP)
destination remote VLAN 5

sw2:
source remote VLAN 5
destination interface Gi1/0/40 (Sniffer1-PC-W7)
destination interface Gi1/0/42 (Sniffer2-ESX)

Sniffer1: ESX set with allowed Promiscious mode ...
Sniffer2: standard PC Win7

Same results:

When running SPAN on same sniffers, i see all unicast/broadcast/multicast
trafic

When running RSPAN, i did not see unicast trafic on both sniffers and:

show interface Gi1/0/40 counters
show interface Gi1/0/42 counters

did not increase unicast packets (this confirm RSPAN issue with unicast
packet, why? do we need enhanced image or is it a bug?)

VoIP works fine