[c-nsp] 7609 ES+, WS marking behaviour

Victor Lyapunov victor.lyapunov at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 17:08:11 EDT 2014

Have not correcty described the setup:

(egress) Physical : Portchannel Switch port belonging to a WS_6724 card
(egress) Logical : SVI interface (802.1q encapsulation) for L3 termination

(ingress) Physical / Logical: Routed interface belonging to a ES+ card (no
802.1q encapsulation)

We see that traffic that is forwarded through the WS card has 802.1p = 0
regardless of dscp value
But If theout going interface is also in a ES+ card then the output 802.1p
corresponds to the packets DSCP value

In ES+ a L3 interface is Dscp tust, was mistaken earlier. Indeed this value
is retained (we see it in the corresponding
output packets of the WS card) but the derived 802.p =0. Need to find a way
to make this derived 802.1p value to
correspond to the packet's DSCP when the egress interface belongs to a
WS_67xx card