[c-nsp] Peering between route reflectors

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon Apr 7 15:54:00 EDT 2014

On Monday, April 07, 2014 09:43:05 PM Lee Clark wrote:

> Without the RR/RR peering there is no way to propagate
> routes between clients A and B. Peering both clients to
> both RRs that would solve the problem but is not
> scalable in a large network where there are many RRs and
> significant # of clients.

Agree that having 2x iBGP sessions per client scales poorer
than one, but it scales better than a full mesh between
routers, which is the problem route reflectors solve.

As you rightly point out, YMMV, but from where I'm standing,
2x iBGP sessions per client to 2x different route reflectors
is fine for us. It's a reasonable compromise between
redundancy and administration.

Mar.