[c-nsp] CPU SPAN on Sup2T / IOS 15?

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Tue Apr 22 04:04:55 EDT 2014

Would anyone know how to SPAN the CPU of a Sup2T running IOS 15? The
monitor session configuration doesn't include "source cpu" anymore:

Sup2T(config)#monitor session 1 type erspan-source
Sup2T(config-mon-erspan-src)#source ?
  interface                   SPAN source interface
  intrusion-detection-module  SPAN source intrusion-detection-module
  vlan                        SPAN source VLAN

Sup2T(config-mon-erspan-src)#exit
Sup2T(config)#
Sup2T(config)#monitor session 2 source ?
  interface                   SPAN source interface
  intrusion-detection-module  SPAN source intrusion-detection-module
  remote                      SPAN source Remote
  vlan                        SPAN source VLAN

Sup2T(config)#
Sup2T(config)#do show version | include image file
System image file is "bootdisk:/s2t54-advipservicesk9-mz.SPA.151-1.SY3.bin"
Sup2T(config)#

We have a box the sometimes loses IS-IS adjacencies to several neighbors
and even though the CPU (a per "show processes cpu history") does not
seem to be overloaded I feel it's related to some kind of flooding on a
locally connected VLAN. So I'd like to see what is sent to the RP when
it happens.

Suggestion of other ways of capturing traffic to the RP are welcome.

I found the same question here with no answer:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11613461/source-cpu-command-not-15x

TIA.

--
Peter