[c-nsp] CPU SPAN on Sup2T / IOS 15?

Pete Lumbis alumbis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 08:58:47 EDT 2014

Peter,

CPU span on sup2t is unfortunately not implemented. It sounds like there
are both software and hardware limitations to making it happen so it may
never show up. There's an internal but I'll work on pushing external
(meaning currently it's pretty useless but give it 24-48 hours), CSCsz68416.

You can use flexible netflow on the control-plane interface, but that won't
be very helpful here.
You could rely on netdr to capture packets and tie it to an EEM script to
stop a circular capture when the problem happens.
https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/59956/troubleshooting-netdr-capture-sup7206500