[c-nsp] CPU SPAN on Sup2T / IOS 15?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Apr 22 10:32:54 EDT 2014

On 22/04/2014 13:58, Pete Lumbis wrote:
> Peter,
>
> CPU span on sup2t is unfortunately not implemented. It sounds like there
> are both software and hardware limitations to making it happen so it may
> never show up. There's an internal but I'll work on pushing external
> (meaning currently it's pretty useless but give it 24-48 hours), CSCsz68416.

That's a real shame, but thanks for flagging it up. I guess we should
all poke our account teams.

Is there any reason this can't be done in software? As per my other
email I note the EPC-style CLI is sort-of there and working. Since the
CPU sees the packets it must surely be able to do something with them,
and CPU SPAN was really very, very useful on sup720. To lose it would be
a shame.