[c-nsp] CPU SPAN on Sup2T / IOS 15?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Apr 22 10:31:02 EDT 2014

On 22/04/2014 09:04, Peter Rathlev wrote:
> Would anyone know how to SPAN the CPU of a Sup2T running IOS 15? The
> monitor session configuration doesn't include "source cpu" anymore:

Seems per Pete Lumbis' email this isn't implemented, but I note that the
EPC-style CLI is present. Something like:

mon capture buffer CBUF size 128
mon capture point ip process-switched IPPS both
mon capture point assoc IPPS CBUF
mon capture point start IPPS
mon capture buffer CBUF export ...

...seems to generate output, but I've no idea if it covers everything
CPU SPAN used to. But it definitely won't grab non-IP/IPv6 traffic :o(

I'd be a bit cautious however - some of the CLI seems to be absent or
missing which implies it's incomplete and/or unsupported. I can't seem
to remove a capture point/buffer now, for example...

Kind of annoying there's no basic IP/TCP header decode on the EPC buffer
dump commands too - the old sup720 "mon sess x type capture" had this.