[c-nsp] asr9001 4 x integrated 10 GE SFP+slots - does 1GE sfp work?

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Apr 29 15:50:43 EDT 2014

On Apr 29, 2014, at 3:40 PM, Fredrik Lönnman <fredrik at lonnman.se> wrote:

> Onboard SFP+ slots are 10G only.

I've gotten the impression that these are often segmented due to lack of ability of a team to test and other limitations, eg:

If you can do 1G CU SFP in SFP+ port, why wouldn't you have a quad-rate mac to do 10/100/1000/10000 ?

I say this because we still run into customers that are still doing 10-full or 10-half (!) in 2014.  You have to draw the line somewhere.  I'm sure someone makes a quad-rate mac, but it likely doesn't have the same broad support as doing a dual-rate 1g/10g or a tri-rate of 10/100/1g.

- Jared