[c-nsp] Adjusting TCAM allocation weird behavior on 7600

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 12:51:44 EDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 3:51 PM, Pete Templin <petelists at templin.org> wrote:
> Regardless of the outcome of the above, I'd truly recommend you do this
> regardless:
>

> conf t
> config-register 0x2102
> end
> copy run start

Maybe it has been "fixed", but I found that if you set the config-register
the same as what it was, it would not get forced down to the hardware.
What you had to do was something like:

conf t
config-register 0x0
end
copy run start
conf t
config-register 0x2102
end
copy run start

After which, all the values in both the RP and SP can
be verified (and should be correct).

(of course, there is a window of "opportunity" for failures
if the system encounters an issue when the config-register
is set "poorly".  Select a better value depending on your
particular needs.)