[c-nsp] L2 ethernet multipoint over IP?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Dec 3 09:09:58 EST 2014

On 03/12/14 12:50, Peter Rathlev wrote:

> (PS: It has to be pure IP as seen from the rest of the network, so no
> MPLS unless it's something like MPLSoGRE.)

For curiosity - why *not* MPLS? It really sounds like a job for VPLS,
but you obviously have some reason not to do that.

Other than that, something that can do vxlan or similar MAC-in-IP seems
like your only option. Whether a device exists with the form factor and
general architecture you need I don't know.

You'll probably want jumbo frames on the "outside" IP network of course.