[c-nsp] Fractional DS3, dsu bandwidth statement and circuit interruption

Papi papi.antoniadis at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 10:55:45 EST 2014

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 8:58 AM, Pierre Emeriaud <petrus.lt at gmail.com> wrote:

> > If you're referring to anything under the T3 controller config itself (if
> > the module you're using has that), that will probably need remote hands
> > because there is a chance that those config changes will cause the link
> > drop.
>
> router# reload in 5
> router# conf t
> router(config)# controller t3 bla bla, potentially risky, automatic
> reload 5 minutes later.
>
> if everything goes well, reload cancel.
>

> -pierre

Thanks for all replies, and sorry, guys - did not reply all, after Justin's
initial response. Here is where I am now a little confused: if this is an
ISP rate limiting config, do I really need to do anything with the

dsu bandwidth <...>

statement at my end? Shouldn't that be always the entire DS3 (44210), with
the provider "shaping" it accordingly, behind our CE-PE connection (this
goes into an MPLS cloud)? Or is the expectation that both the provider and
I are to set the dsu bandwidth to the same value, to make this possible? I
am asking this because what is happening here is an "upgrade" of bandwidth,
still under the DS3 full capacity, but with the provider controlling
(allegedly) the limit. The legacy (existing) config works (dsu bandwidth
<less than 44210>), but I am not sure that it how the ISP driven rate limit
should work.

Thanks,
Papi