[c-nsp] 4500X help

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Dec 11 10:52:48 EST 2014

On Thursday, December 11, 2014 05:06:19 PM Howard,
Christopher wrote:

> I've not seen any differences with ours either.  I expect
> you could probably take the 3560 config and just paste
> it in and not get any errors. You should be fine if
> you're comfortable with IOS.

The most notable engineering changes to IOS XE compared to
IOS are under the hood, i.e., you don't see them as the
operator.

The main changes the operator sees for IOS XE are in the
"platform" commands, since IOS XE is typically running only
on hardware-based boxes (with the exception of CSR1000v,
which still uses the "platform" command too).

So for me, IOS and IOS XE are 100% identical from a CLI
perspective.

Mark.