[c-nsp] VZW 4G LTE Interface Card

Rick Martin rick.martin at arkansas.gov
Thu Dec 11 16:19:42 EST 2014

Josh,

 We use both the VZ and AT&T version of this card and have experienced the throttled situation with a couple of our AT&T sites. This has always turned out to be a configuration on AT&T's end where they are automatically throttling us to 3G speeds after so many GB have been downloaded. We have contracted services that is supposed to remove that limitation but it does not always get configured properly during provisioning, anytime we have run into this the problem is resolved quite quickly.

 Other than that our experiences with these cards have been very good, we have close to 100 in the field used for the most part as backup to terrestrial connectivity - with more coming. We also have a double handful of sites using 4G as their primary data path. Far and away the bulk of our sites are on the VZ network.