[c-nsp] ASR1006 Memory issue

Lukas Tribus luky-37 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 15 06:08:32 EST 2014

Hi,

> Dear all,
>
> I have an ASR1006 with two RSP2, two ESP20 and two SIP-10. Since last Thursday 11 of december, I see in the logs the following information:
>
> %PLATFORM-4-ELEMENT_WARNING: R0/0: smand: SIP/0: Committed Memory value 96% exceeds warning level 95%
>
> I have seen the following bug:
>
> https://tools.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCtj47922
>
> the bug says that the log message is totally cosmetic and it is fixed in the release 15.1(1)S.
> But I have this release and the output of the command "show plat software stat control-proc brief" is :

Still your release is EOL and End of SW Maintenance was 3 years ago:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/asr-1000-series-aggregation-services-routers/end_of_life_notice_c51-636700.html

I suggest you ugprade to the latest rebuild of a supported long-term support branch (3.10S?).

The indication of the affected and fixed release in the bug toolkit may simply be wrong (how can 15.1(2)S be both affected and fixed at the same time ...), or the SIP could really run out of memory (which would not be cosmetic at all I suspect).

Lukas