[c-nsp] 15.1(2)SY3 not NTP syncing

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Dec 15 07:12:50 EST 2014

On 15/12/2014 11:59, Phil Mayers wrote:
> All,
>
> We've just replaced a sup720 (killed by flood damage) and brought the
> new box up on the above IOS version, and it's not NTP syncing. The
> config is a straight restore from a box running 15.1(1)SY1

...and of course 5 minutes later I figure it out.

Apparently something about our config - MPLS L3VPN with NTP server in
VRF? - requires "ntp source loopback<invrf>" whereas the older IOS did
not. The lab box had that setup for some reason, our standard config
does not.

So, behaviour change. Great...