[c-nsp] IOS-XR vimrc?

Brandon Ewing nicotine at warningg.com
Wed Dec 17 10:01:31 EST 2014

Just started using IOS-XR.  My normal text editor is VIM, and I am using
that to edit existing route-policies on some ASRs we have deployed.

However, the default vimrc has tab settings that make it difficult to edit
RPs that default to 2-space indent on control structures, when VIM doesn't
auto-indent at all on following new-lines, and the default tab settings
insert a tab instead of spaces.

I did a little investigation of the underlying OS -- has anyone tried
editing/creating /pkg/etc/vim/vimrc to have some more sane settings?  Does
it persist with system upgrades/reboots?

--
Brandon Ewing                                     (nicotine at warningg.com)