[c-nsp] MBUS-2-DNLDFAIL in cisco 12404

thiyagarajan b bn.thiyagarajan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 10:02:26 EST 2014

Hello everyone,

I am finding a MBUS-2-DNLDFAIL error log thrown in cisco 12404 in 4 port
GiGE card.

When I reset the LC I find the IOS is downloading but getting timeout after
sometime,

Slot 2  type  = 4 Port ISE Gigabit Ethernet
        state = FABLSTRT  Launching Fabric Downloader
.
.
Slot 2  type  = 4 Port ISE Gigabit Ethernet
        state = IOSDNLD   Downloading IOS
.
.
.
Slot 2  type  = 4 Port ISE Gigabit Ethernet
        state = RTRYWAIT  Waiting to retry download after persistent
failures
.

This process is continuing and finally finding the below log:

*Dec 17 12:31:09.287 IST: %MBUS-2-DNLDFAIL: IOS download to slot 2 fail,
timeout
*Dec 17 12:31:09.287 IST: %RP-3-ABANDON_DOWNLOAD: End attempt to start the
linecard in slot 2

Any issue in hardware or?

Warm Regards,
Thiyagarajan B.