[c-nsp] Nexus 9500

Joshua Morgan joshua.morgan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 21:44:24 EST 2014

Skeeve,

http://d2zmdbbm9feqrf.cloudfront.net/2014/anz/pdf/BRKDCT-3640.pdf will
likely answer your questions. Namely with 6 fabric modules installed in the
chassis, each line card slot can have up to 1.92Tbps forwarding bandwidth
in each direction. Each fabric module can provide the line card slot up to
320 Gbps. Fabric modules have two Trident II ASICs. Each ASIC has 32x 40
Gbps Hi-Gig2 interfaces. 4x 40 Gbps Hi-Gig2 interfaces from each ASIC (8
total per fabric module = 320 Gbps) connect to each line card slot.

The 16-slot chassis requires different fabric modules which have four
Trident II ASICs, to support 1.92 Tbps forwarding bandwidth per line card
slot across all slots.

Hope this helps,

Josh