[c-nsp] Sup2T netflow problems

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Mon Feb 10 10:48:51 EST 2014

On Fri, 2014-02-07 at 16:02 +0100, Chris Welti wrote:
> Unfortunately this bug is present in *all* Sup2T firmware releases so
> far. I've seen it in 12.2, 15.0 and 15.1 images.
>
> > Downgrading to 15.0(1)SY5 would probably be okay for us. The few
> > 15.1SY specific features we've started using are not critical
> > (LDP/IGP sync, pw signalling).
> >
> > Any really good reason not to downgrade to 15.0SY?
>
> Yep, because that bug is also present in 15.0SY5.

Hmm... so you're saying Bug Toolkit isn't precise? I find that hard to
believe. ;-)

> Actually there is *no* officially released firmware that has the
> bugfix yet as far as I know. The good thing is it usually only happens
> after a few weeks/months of uptime and only if you have NF export
> running. If you desperately need it, you should contact your SE to get
> a "special" image.

A few weeks/months of useful Netflow and working CLI is a far cry from
what I'd find acceptable, but I guess there was a portion of sarcasm in
that sentence. :-)

We'll try contacting our partner and SE for any news on the bug. Thanks!

--
Peter