[c-nsp] Sup2T netflow problems

Chad Burnham cburnham at du.edu
Tue Feb 11 11:37:32 EST 2014

HI all,

We have been hitting this bug for over a year now and it is super annoying. Complete chassis reboot is our only fix.
We had one of our SUP2T crash last week and I got this from TAC:

----------------
TAC Engineer reported:
I looked at the crash and have come across the following bug.

CSCug72332    Supervisor 2T or Line Card Resets due to Netflow Interrupt
The bug is a closed bug and there is an enhancement which fixes the issue.

CSCug86296    Sup2T: EARL8 Netflow ECC enhancement
The bug is fixed in 15.1(2)SY2 and above.

--------------
FYI, 15.1(2)SY2 is not available and was told:

>The IOS is not available as of now. The expected date on CCO is 7th March 2014.

We are anxious for Engineering to fix the stubborn, random, and hard to detect Netflow issues on this platform that was ironically sold to us as a superior Netflow platform.

Chad

Director of Telecommunications
University Technology Services
University of Denver