[c-nsp] 6500 HSRP unicast flooding

Randy amps at djlab.com
Tue Feb 18 19:01:52 EST 2014

On 02/18/2014 6:57 pm, Peter Rathlev wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-02-18 at 18:14 -0500, Randy wrote:
>> The mac entry is only present on the active HSRP member... and the
>> flood traffic is coming from standby member, heading out all the
>> backup RSTP paths (blocked on the remote end).
>
> This probably means that the standby member is receiving traffic from
> elsewhere that it forwards upon receiving it because it has a connected
> route. You should be able to tell from where it comes by looking at the
> source IP addresses.

You're correct.   Due to the nature of the topology, I can't get rid of
the asymmetric routing at least for now.

The interesting thing, is that SOME macs are learned and some are not.
Increasing the mac aging helped quite a bit, but there's still a
problem.

I'm curious if my copp default is limiting ARP.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/cisco/nsp/125236

--
~Randy