[c-nsp] output rate-limiting ME-3600X

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 19:45:30 EST 2014

Hi,

We do it regularly and for all interfaces:

policy-map PM-INT-100M-OUT
 class class-default
  shape average 100000000

interface GigabitEthernet0/2
 switchport trunk allowed vlan none
 switchport mode trunk
 service-policy output PM-INT-100M-OUT

We'd generally have a service-instance rate-limit under that as well:

 service instance 331 ethernet
  encapsulation dot1q 331
  l2protocol forward
  service-policy input PM-CUST-DEFAULT-50M-AF-IN
  service-policy output PM-CUST-DEFAULT-50M-OUT
  xconnect 10.123.111.1 271331 encapsulation mpls

policy-map PM-CUST-DEFAULT-50M-OUT
 description limiting to 50 Mbps
 class CM-DUMMY
 class class-default
  shape average 50000000
  queue-limit percent 100

(CM-DUMMY is there to allow for a queue-limit with only class-default).

This is on 15.3(2)S.

kind regards
Pshem