[c-nsp] Cisco 4900M questions

Tom Lanyon tom+c-nsp at oneshoeco.com
Tue Feb 25 23:50:59 EST 2014

> My second question is hardware related... I have 2 devices that I would like to uplink entirely into this 4900M environment, however they only support 10gbit with SFP+ connectivity.  I can get 10gbit fiber SFP's however they are enforced to the manufacturer (confirmed) and run about $1800 a piece.  I know there are some funky requirements with the twingig x2 adaptors.  Does anyone have experience with the OneX x2 adaptors to present SFP+ out of the built in onboard X2 interfaces?  With this being DEV/QA and me trying to be cheap, has anyone used the off brand modules for this?

We connect UCS Fabric Interconnects to 4900M with OneX adapters in the 4900M's built-in ports with no problems.

We have WS-X4908-10GE 8-port X2 cards in the slots and have not tried OneX adaptors in those ports (but do have TwinGig adaptors in the 8-port oversubscribed cards to convert to 2x 1Gbps SFPs).

Tom