[c-nsp] Upgrading to 40G

Peter Lothberg roll at Stupi.SE
Fri Feb 28 03:43:32 EST 2014

> At this stage we wouldn't be able to justify the spend to go 100G on
> ASR9k. We're not talking about a single router or interface here, but
> quite a few.

Are you counting $$ or DS0's?

> Besides - that doesn't really answer the question what to
> do with distances over the 10km.

Ehh? It's plug-and play 80 chanels up to some 800km. At 1000km you
will need some more clever amp then something from alibababa for $800.

You have -3dBm out, need -18dBm on receiver side.  If you only need
one chanel, waste 3db on connectors, 3db margin and you can have
50km of SMF28.

--P